Friday, August 19, 2011

Letters to Josiah

Dear Josiah,

It's really hard to believe you're going to be here, in this world, in our lives, in about 2 months. It makes me wonder where in the world time has gone, and it kind of overwhelms me! Many days I don't feel ready for you. But I simply can't imagine how wonderfully life changing it will be when you arrive. At this point all we have for you is a couple of onesies, a few outfits, and a crib, but no mattress. No diapers, no toys, none of the important stuff. Yet. They'll come, I know they will.

Josiah, I want you to know this: you may not get to have a bunch of things growing up, especially while you are young. God has taken momma and daddy's plans & turned them all inside out, so we don't really know what we're doing with our lives or have much money yet. BUT - just because you won't have all the coolest toys or nicest clothes, you will ALWAYS have something that many children will never know - the unconditional love of a mom and dad who will always be together and be here for you. I promise to give you that, and I know that one day, you will appreciate that more than anything money could buy.

I love you Josiah. I don't even know you yet, but I love you. I believe God really knows what He's doing in choosing YOU to give to us.

Love,
Momma

No comments: