Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Immediate Test of Faith

On Monday God was challenging me with the verse Psalm 103:2, to Bless the Lord and forget not all His benefits.

On Tuesday, God allowed my faith to be tested.

Now, I really try to be careful and censored about certain things I say on here. I don't want to bring offense of any kind, but in order to share what God is doing, some things just kind of have to be said.

Last week we received a check into our bank account. We immediately used it to pay bills. Then two days later we got a notice that the check had bounced due to insufficient funds on the part of the sender, leaving us overdrawn. Not. Good. I was quite upset. So this person sent another check for the same amount. We bought groceries and gas over the weekend, bought a few more groceries Monday, then on Tuesday, another notification that this check had bounced as well. Thankfully, this person sent some cash instead, and my parents came to the rescue as well, but it's still put quite the strain on us, obviously, and has caused some long term bumps in our bank account even though it was not our fault in any way.

I was almost in hysterics yesterday, I was SO ANGRY. How could this happen? Why is this happening to us? Doesn't God know it's hard enough already?

Ha. Okay. Of course a sermon would be on the radio about finances right after all this happens.

Immediately God said "Stephanie, will you still remember? Will you still trust Me? Are you going to choose to bless Me?"

And I kind of sat there and just laughed. Yes, I laughed. This test of faith came quick, didn't it?!

In all honesty, I'd love for our situation to be different financially. But for some reason, God is allowing things to be this way for now. He doesn't want us to be so comfortable that we stop depending on Him. And I hope, and I pray, that if God chooses to bless us financially and take these burdens, that I would never be so comfortable that I don't depend on Him to be my source.

"Count in all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." -James 1:2-4

No comments: