Monday, August 29, 2011

Bless the Lord O my Soul

"Bless the Lord, O my soul
And forget not all His benefits:
Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's."
-From Psalm 103

The beginning of this section of scripture is what really grabbed me.
I've been so frustrated, so angry about aspects of our situation, feeling like God doesn't really care.
all lies, I know, but real feelings nonetheless

I've forgotten all of God's benefits, His goodness.
And in the midst of my emotional tirade against God, He so patiently, graciously, and lovingly spoke to my heart, and said remember.

I am saved from the gates of hell, my life has been redeemed from the pit of hell! I will spend eternity in the presence of this awesome God. These facts completely overshadow our momentary, light affliction. Despite our circumstances here on this earth, He is still God, and that alone is enough for my soul to bless the Lord.

Today I choose to remember His benefits.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We constantly need to preach the gospel to ourselves. I can totally relate to this feeling Stephanie. I pray that you are encouraged and uplifted today and that your heart would be a peace in the midst of your affliction.