Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
In other news, I started working at Starbucks last week. Glad to finally have a real job, where I have a schedule, and I work hard with a bunch of super amazing people, and I'll get a predictable paycheck. I also got hired by Gateway Church to work in their cafe part time too! Aaaaand I'm pursuing a waitressing job for the evenings. Nuts huh? Well, gotta do what ya gotta do to survive. The only thing keeping me sane is knowing this won't last forever. If the grand ol' US of A will get it together and give Rob his Visa, I won't have to work so dang much and never see my family. Oh I could easily rant all of my frustrations!
Lets all just go back up and look at those happy and perfect baby pictures :-)
Monday, December 12, 2011
Saturday, December 10, 2011
This has been such a good week. Started out Monday I had a coffee date with Emmie. Praise God for such incredible friendships. Friendships of love, of honesty, of encouragement, of strength. So grateful. I am so glad I can be honest with her. After I left I prayed in my car on the drive home, and just allowed myself to be totally honest with God.
Thursday, December 8, 2011
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate alllll the way. Never liked that egg nog stuff.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Growing up, the ones from Santa were always unwrapped, and ones from mom and dad were wrapped. and because santa left them unwrapped I'd always sneak in the living room super early and check everything out, then put it back in its place so my parents wouldn't know I got up early and peeked :-)
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? In my parents house, the lights have always been colored. But now I prefer the white lights.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but when I have a house to decorate, I think it sounds like a great idea!
5. When do you put your decorations up? Always the day after Thanksgiving
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Sweet potato casserole
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? My mom would always make a big pot of apple cider, usually on Christmas eve, and she added this spice sack to it that made it soooo delicious. I always looked forward to that.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Can't remember how old I was, but I actually found out at Easter, because I discovered all the gifts the easter bunny normally left. so when mom confessed the easter bunny never left them, I asked if that meant santa never left the gifts either. two stones in one day. i was devastated.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope! Always Christmas day.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? As a kid it was always really random, with lots of fun little ornaments. Now that the kids are out of the house, the decor is much more refined. Rob and I have not had a chance to decorate a tree yet. Last year our place was too small, this year we have no money. Maybe third time is a charm?
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Mixed relationship! Growing up in the south, it was always really exciting if it snowed, because it was rare. And it would last long enough to bring joy, then it would melt and we'd get on with life. Perfect. Then I lived in Canada last year, and there was snow on the ground for like 5 straight months. Yuck! I like it again now though, since I'm back in the south. Haha
12. Can you ice skate? Hahaha yeah right
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? As a kid, not really. But two years ago Rob got me this beautiful white gold and diamond necklace, and we were still only dating at the time. I was blown away by such a beautiful gift!
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Remembering the real reason for the season. I know that's cliche, but it's easy to forget why the holiday even exists in the first place.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Two of them! My mom makes these little peanut butter cup cookies, and puts a reeses peanut butter cup in the middle when it's almost done baking. Yum! And chocolate chip no bake cookies. Oh, I guess there's a third one...cherry fluff. Yeah, can't choose just one.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Rob and I don't really have any yet, but I was thinking about it earlier today, and I definitely want to start traditions especially now that we have a son in the picture.
17. What tops your tree? At my parents it was always an angel. I think they still have the same angel we've topped the tree with all my life!
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Um, who doesn't like receiving?! But I do very much enjoy watching someone open a gift that I've given them and seeing their reaction :-)
19. Candy canes: yuck or yum? Regular ol' candy canes...not a fan. But they have some pretty cool flavored ones out there now that aren't so bad.
20. Favorite Christmas movie? Uhhh...Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase. Haha
21. Saddest Christmas song? Grandma got run over by a reindeer! I've always thought, really?! That's so sad.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? The First Noel, probably because I just like to sing it and it sounds really good. Ha. Or there's one by Joy Williams called Here With Us. Profound lyrics!
That was suuuuper fun. Now it's your turn :-)