Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Best Saturday

A little over a week ago my husband made me clear this Saturday and said he had big plans. I simply couldn't imagine what he had planned.

I was to be ready at 10 am, be cute but comfy. 10 am rolls around and he sends me out the door to get a pedicure. He could have won me over with just that!

After I arrived back home from my relaxing time alone the whole family, Boss included, were ready to go! I was blindfolded and told not to ask questions. I couldn't figure out why in the world the dog was coming! Groomer, dog park, what?!

After a long while of driving we drove over some grooves in the road, grooves I knew quite well. And it hit me, east Texas! Oh my husband knows me so well.

East Texas is a place that refreshes my heart. And it's definitely needed some refreshing. We spent the day with brad and brittney. Burgers, fries, hot dogs, corn on the cob, a trip to Andy's custard. Cooked fried pickles with Brit (her pregnancy craving (-:). And then as we left I gazed up at the stars and listened to the cold quiet night.

I spent so much time sitting under the stars on chilly nights when I lived here. I miss the quiet. I miss the stars. I miss the peacefulness of the "boondocks". I have the best husband ever. He is so thoughtful and knew exactly what my heart needed. I am so blessed.

No comments: