Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sweet Noises & Smiles

I had read a few times that once the little one arrives, I will have something to post about every day, because so much happens.


So true. But do I do it? Nope! And I apologize, but lemme explain.

Josiah has started making lots of adorable little noises. And he smiles...allll the time. He is the happiest most content little baby, ever. So I'm spending my days just gazing at his sweet face, making faces back at him, smiling with him. Even when I'm changing his diaper he's smiling up at me. This kid is HAPPY.

And in between all this gazing at my beautiful boy, I'm job searching.

And searching.
And sending out resumes.
And filling out questionnaires.
And calling employers.
And getting denied. Every. Single. Application.

And that is why I'm rarely in blog world anymore. I realized I'm definitely not being lazy, on the contrary I just don't have all the time I used to have. But I love blogging, I love writing, I love posting pictures, so I'm continually making an effort :-)

Life is full of emotion right now, that's for sure. Half the time I am just delighted and in happy little momma land over here, then the other half I'm feeling completely insignificant, drained, and tired of being denied jobs. I'm just trying to have faith that the reason I continually am being denied is because God has something unbelievably perfect in the works, and it's just not ready for me yet. I started searching on Craigslist for jobs yesterday and suddenly have 3 interviews lined up, plus an interview at Starbucks. Something's gotta give already!

Anyways, enough of that.

I've started running again. Started over two weeks ago, just trying to be consistent and build up endurance. Today I added a half mile to my run, and it felt great! Ready to start working my way up, and it's my goal to do the Oklahoma City Half Marathon on April 29, 2012. Mark my words, it will be done.

Tonight, I'm simply relaxing. Not going to worry about money, about the post pregnancy body, about a job. Just a glass of wine, sleeping baby, and a wonderful, supportive, dashing husband. With glasses raised, here's a toast to peace, favor, grace, and love abounding.

2 comments:

Charissa Steyn said...

love your honesty! and way to go for training for a half marathon with a baby!!!

Très bien said...

Love it. Praying with you for a job!