Monday, October 3, 2011

One Batch of Thoughts

It's Monday morning, and for the first time in a VERY, I mean very long time, it doesn't arrive with dread.

I don't have to work today. I don't have to do anything today.

Officially, I'm on maternity leave. Yeah I know, I just got the new job, but Josiah could literally arrive any time now, and I don't want to risk going into labor at work! Plus, 8 hours on my feet the past 2 weeks...I'm sore and tired! Time to rest up and prepare for this baby.

Rob and I are taking the utmost advantage of our time together. Going out as much as possible, going on walks, going to the gym, going out with other couples from our small group. I don't know what more we could do to enjoy "us" time, but simply be thankful for the sweet, quiet times of just me and my love. I'm feeling more ready for Josiah to come. I'm feeling VERY ready to not be pregnant anymore.

This morning I woke up thinking about the Honor Academy. I realized that all the interns had already been up for a few hours, run a few miles, and were all scurrying to finish getting ready in the over-crowded bathroom. My heart really misses those days. Who knew four years ago what a lifelong impact that time at the HA would have on my life? I wouldn't trade it for anything, that's for sure.

Here's to change, and continually trusting that God's plans are always the best.

No comments: