Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Reminiscing with Fondness

As I look back now on my time living in Canada, I can appreciate it much more now than I ever did while I was there. I wonder now if part of the reason I had such a hard time was simply due to the 180 degree life change I took after Honor Academy graduation. I resisted a lot of the change, particularly after we came back from the honeymoon and winter was in full swing. But I can look back now at pictures like this one, and my heart swells with joy at the memories Rob and I made.


This picture I kept as my phone background the entire time I lived there. I took it in the fall, before the wedding and before it got too cold. It served as a reminder of God's love and faithfulness, and His overwhelming peace.

I'm so thankful for the friends and family at Rob's church in Lindsay. I learned so much about hospitality and love through so many of them. I've yet to meet anyone quite like some of the people I knew in Lindsay, and I miss them (Lena and Bill, Renee Buist, Jim and Millie, the VanHalterens).

I'm also thankful that God has been able to open my heart and look back on these times with fondness, and the not the frustration I experienced so often.

No comments: