Friday, May 14, 2010

It's only, scratch that, already May 14th!


I don't know what it is about this week, but all I can seem to think about...is change. Nine months ago I can still vividly picture in my mind saying goodbye to Rob in the airport. I can still feel the knot, the despair, the blankness in my mind as I pressed my hand against the glass barrier separating us. Then he walked down the terminal, and I felt like my whole world was crashing down. The change I'd been dreading was now there in my lap as I collapsed on a chair, head buried in my hands.
*the picture above was our last one together before he left...we were driving to the airport on August 10th*

I look back at that now, and truly can't believe it's been 9 months since we said "see you later." We knew that going into this, we didn't want to just merely survive this year apart, but we wanted to thrive in the things God had called us to. And I can surely say, we have thrived! Though this year has been difficult, God has been so incredibly faithful to us! I love being a house director for seven beautiful, selfless women. I am so privileged to be David Hasz's assistant - I can't even describe the blessing it has been to work for him! I will never have another job like this one, I will never have a better boss, and I will treasure this year with him for a lifetime. My friendship with Emmie (Megan White) has grown so strong during this time. She has been a ROCK for me in hard times, my laughter when I've needed it most, and I will certainly miss going to Gateway Church with her and Chris every weekend.

I could continue on naming the blessings that have come out of this year. It truly has been incredible. And so, now I think about the new changes that are ahead. Nine months ago I was afraid and insecure about what the future held. Now, I'm just sad to know this season of my life is ending, but at the same time INCREDIBLY excited for the new season that's approaching. If I know one thing about my Heavenly Father, it's that He is faithful. He was faithful to me in this year, and His faithfulness never ends! I can trust that my heart is in His hands, and He has the best in mind for me.

Here's to making the most of the next three months, and a toast to what lies beyond.

-Stephanie

No comments: