Thursday, September 22, 2011

Stay at Home Mom

Today I was reading through my journals from my intern and GI years at the Honor Academy, hoping for refreshment and a reminder of God's goodness.

You know, life was so simple back then. But back then there were days when it felt like the whole world was crashing down. Haha goodness. Really, there wasn't a whole lot of care in the world. Sure, I read about my struggles of "what am I supposed to do with my life?" "what is God's calling?" "should I be a house director/do ministry team or be a management associate/etc?"

Maybe one day I'll look back on these days now and laugh about how I thought the world was gonna come crashing down. But at the same time, I kind of hope not. I don't want financial obstacles like this, ever, in the future.

Anyways, I also read a lot about God's provision during those times. My intern year started right after my parent's car accident that left them both in wheelchairs and unable to work. I remember praying that God would supernaturally provide for my parents until they were able to work again. And in October of that year, my mom got word that the people in her company had decided to donate their leave time all to my mom so she'd be covered until she was able to come to work again at the end of January. Talk about HUGE provision.

If God could provide a miracle then, He can provide a miracle now too. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. God can provide a way for me to stay home with Josiah for 2 months.

That's really all I wanted to say. I'm standing in faith for big things. Will you stand in faith with me?

No comments: