Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Comfort From My Dog

Last night I was sitting on my bed after folding laundry and my dog Boss was laying at my feet. I was looking at him and thinking about how easy his life was. He didn't have a care in the world. He knew I would feed him if he got hungry, he knows I'm gonna love him and play with him, and that I'll take him outside to do his thing. He didn't have to worry about money, or working, or any of those things.

And I began to cry. (please, blame it on the pregnancy hormones)

So I crawled over next to Boss and lay beside him. Now Boss seems to care very much about my well being. He snuggles with me when I'm sad, and when I cry, he feels it's his duty to lick my tears away. Really, he does this every time. So I laid there, and he licked away at my tears, and in that moment God spoke to me.

Yes, God used my dog to speak to me. God will use anything :-)

It was as if God Himself were wiping away my tears and telling me that it's going to be okay, everything is going to work out. Your tears and your sorrow may last for the night, but joy is coming.

I am so thankful for the little things God uses to speak comfort to me.

No comments: