Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012. Yes, Like Everyone Else

One year ago today I wrote in my journal - "2010 was the best year of my life, 2011 was the worst, please please please God just let 2012 be normal." And it's safe to say that it was. 2012 had the normal ups and downs, but it was never consistently bad, nor consistently awesome, just the winding roads of ups and downs. And I'm okay with that.

The first 7 months we relied absolutely and completely on the provision of the Lord. We did without a lot, and I mean A LOT. But God always provided exactly what we needed each and every month.

Two different times there was an anonymous and unexplainable deposit in our bank account that paid our rent. A couple of times strangers handed us cash. Several times friends wrote us checks so that Rob and I could have a simple, desperately needed date night. Each time God provided, it was thrilling!

In the midst of our financial struggle, in April God spoke to me about taking a giant leap of faith and pursuing my passion for photography. That was tough, really really tough, to trust God on that one. But my husband fully supported it, and it was one of the best decisions.

In June I was offered a full time job, one that would finally take care of our family. I cannot even tell you what a relief it was to finally KNOW that we could pay rent when the 1st came around. And while God providing for us each month was thrilling, and I am so thankful for that season, the growth, and the lessons learned, I hope we never go through that again. In fact, that season has changed my heart SO SO SO dramatically towards the poor and needy all around us. My hope is that God can use this experience to change other people's lives in 2013.

In July, Rob became a permanent resident of the USA! This is hands down the highlight of the year. The immigration process was the most difficult and trying thing I've ever done in my life, and I'm so glad we never have to think about it again.

Rob started working in the fall for a valet company, and while we've been grateful for that job, ten hours a week and not knowing if you'll even end up getting those hours was getting pretty lame. So Rob was offered a job as an overnight security guard, and this is a job he is really going to love. It's right up his alley! I cannot tell you guys how much Rob deserves this. After spending a year as strictly a stay at home Dad, seeking God and trusting Him during this season of being unable to work, man does he deserve this!

I am so, SO excited for 2013. There is something melodic that leaves me in great anticipation for this year ahead.

No comments: