Thursday, November 10, 2011

Rebellious Casserole

So, having a baby makes posting blogs a little more difficult. There always seems to be so much to do in my limited free time while he's napping. Alas, Daddy has Josiah sparing me some extra free moments.

My husband knows better than anyone that I hate to follow a recipe. I prefer to take an idea and make it my own. [i think i'm generally that way in most areas of my life. always a bit, well not rebellious, but paving my own path]

All that to say, I couldn't find a recipe for a chicken and rice casserole anywhere online that sounded quite like what I wanted. So I've gathered many recipes and taken little bits from each to create my own thing. Here it is below - it's currently cooking. I'll let ya'll know how it turns out!

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 cup of cooked rice
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
1 can green beans
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1/2 cup diced mushrooms
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 1/2 cups water
Can of French's Fried Onions

Mix everything except dry onion soup mix and fried onions. Sprinkle soup mix on top of mixture and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Top with fried onions, let bake another 5-10 minutes or until onions are brown and crispy.

I'm excited for this one!

No comments: