Monday, March 18, 2013

Josiah - 17 Months

I haven't done one of these posts in a long time, but Josiah is 17 months today, and he deserves a post dedicated to him today :-)



I honestly don't know where to start - he is doing and saying so much these days.

Every afternoon when I get home from work we always go for a family walk. As soon as I say "go for a walk?" Josiah RUNS to his stroller and pushes it towards the door. Kid knows! And of course the dog knows what "walk" means and starts going nuts. We always go check the mail, then go through the front gate so Boss can do his business. If we don't go through the front gate, Josiah will literally freak out. That's our routine, and he can't handle when the routine is broken. From what I hear, his daddy was the exact same way when he was a kid. Oh boy.



Right now Josiah's favorite book is Clifford Barks. We have read this book so.many.times that we have it memorized. It's mindless for us now. He even says Clifford now (Ci-fur). Also in the book, Clifford's owner is that little girl, right? He points to the girl on every page and goes "Guh!" for girl. There comes a time every day that I think oh my gosh, I don't want to read Clifford for the 157th time today, but then I just have to remind myself that these days will be over way too soon, and I'll wish I could have Josiah sit in my lap and read him Clifford again.



Little man is a seriously picky eater. I guess part of it isn't really the food, but our lack of mealtime routine. We don't have a kitchen table, and probably won't for a very long time, so Rob and I have sat on the floor until last week when we got a couch. Josiah will often get two bites in and refuse to eat anymore until we take him out of the high chair so he can eat like Momma and Daddy eats. I know, I know, you don't need to say it.



This winter we have been truly, extremely blessed health-wise. I'll preface this by saying that even while I was pregnant with Josiah we prayed over him often that no sickness would enter his body, not even colds. And? He has only been minorly sick twice since he's been born. He had a possible ear infection about a year ago, then at Thanksgiving this past year he had some congestion going on while we were in Oklahoma. But since? Not a trace. He's been so healthy this winter (and guess what folks - we don't believe in getting the flu shot!) and I believe it's because we covered him in prayer (I also know that this can lead into a big debate, but uh, let's refrain from going there please?)



I just love my little boy SO MUCH. I love watching him grow and learn and become this little person. Being his Momma is the absolute best thing in life.


No comments: