Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Doing Good Things

Doing.

Doing things.

Doing noble things.

Doing good things that honor God.

Doing noble, honorable, good things that come before God.

-----------------------------

If you're a Christian and you read that, you know the last line doesn't fit in. You know that it's not right, and that anything that comes before God is an idol.

But I've come to realize that it's very easy to place a priority on things and we truly don't realize it's coming before God.

Having you been putting effort into something lately, and it's just not going the way you want it to? You're working so hard, it's such a good thing, you want to honor God with it - it really is your heart's desire. Why is it not working out?

God spoke so clearly to me last night about something I've been putting a great deal of effort into.

"I can NOT and I will NOT honor something that is taking my place."

Ouch. But I realized it was true. Change began today, and I hope and pray that those words continue to resonate with me in the coming weeks and months, that my heart will not grow faint.

What are you placing first in your life today?

I encourage you to search your heart. Not only will you find peace and joy in God's presence, but God cannot honor anything that is taking His place.

No comments: